Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » TQ.n 3 more questions.
TQ.n 3 more questions. [message #89495] Fri, 23 April 2004 17:28 Go to next message
fatimah
Assalamualaikum...

First of all, i'd like to thank for those who help me on how to create date fields...n i have created it successfully...but i did it a bit different now, i only put the month and year... =) 

Anyway, i need <st1:City><st1:place>ur</st1:place></st1:City> help again...i have 2 questions to ask:

1.  Where to find the <I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">'after parameter form'[/i] trigger and how to use it?  Instead of searching for the <I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">'after parameter form'[/i], I’ve encountered the <I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">'validaton trigger'[/i].  How to use <I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">'validation trigger'[/i]?  My idea is, i want to put coding statements that would display message box says. "no such records are found", n the system will return back to the parameter form for new user input...could anyone help me with the coding? N i m not sure where to put them, in validation or after parameter form trigger?

2.  The same problem i faced when displaying a message saying "no records are found", n now i used boilerplate text instead of trying to use a message box.  I've got this idea from an online oracle documentation with regards to report.  It states that a report can suppresses labels when no detail records are retrieved.  I've tried using this method as in the documentation.  But, it disappointed me that, I couldn’t do it.  I don’t noe why the label is appeared on the report even though there is such record.

I hope everything is clear…

And Thanks again in advance…. =)
Re: TQ.n 3 more questions. [message #89509 is a reply to message #89495] Tue, 27 April 2004 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maz
WaSsalam...

The answer to q 1:
In the Object Navigator, expand the Data Model node to find AFTER PARAMETER FORM trigger position.

You can write an exception for NO_DATA_FOUND as RETURN(FALSE)to return to the paramerte form.

As for the coding for message display, as far as I know, no user defined messaging is built-in in the oracle reports unlike forms.

Regards,
Mazhar
Re: TQ.n 3 more questions. [message #89510 is a reply to message #89509] Tue, 27 April 2004 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
J.S.Rajkumar
Hi

U can use SRW.Message to display user defined message in Reports.

Ex : SRW.MESSAGE(101,'NO DATA FOUND');

All glory to Lord
Re: TQ.n 3 more questions. [message #89512 is a reply to message #89510] Tue, 27 April 2004 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maz
Hi Jeslie,
You are correct. And this completes the solution for the task.... God Is Great.
Regards,
Mazhar
Re: TQ.n 3 more questions. [message #89513 is a reply to message #89495] Tue, 27 April 2004 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maz
Hi,
Let me put an extension to the issue.
After the user defined NO DATA FOUND' message, there appears another oracle generated message 'REP-0771 AFTER FORM TRIGGER FAILED'.
I tried to suppress this message by using
raise srw.program_abort;
But then another oracle generated message appears 'REP-1419: AFTERFORM PLSQL PROGRAM ABORTED'
So, is there any way to suppress these oracle generated messages.

Regards,
Mazhar
Re: TQ.n 3 more questions. [message #89514 is a reply to message #89510] Tue, 27 April 2004 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maz
Hi Jeslie,
Let me put an extension to the issue.
After the user defined NO DATA FOUND' message, there appears another oracle generated message 'REP-0771 AFTER FORM TRIGGER FAILED'.
I tried to suppress this message by using
raise srw.program_abort;
But then another oracle generated message appears 'REP-1419: AFTERFORM PLSQL PROGRAM ABORTED'
So, is there any way to suppress these oracle generated messages.

Regards,
Mazhar
Re: srw.message [message #89539 is a reply to message #89510] Mon, 10 May 2004 19:46 Go to previous message
fatimah
first of all..tanks to jeslie n Maz..but i'm not quite sure how to use it...i tried to use the following code in after parameter form:
if :count_detail=0 then
return (FALSE);
else
return (TRUE);
end if;
end;

then an error comes out says:
REP-0749:After form trigger cannot reference a report column

maybe u can give me the correct coding samples...

rely need a help.. (-_-)
Previous Topic: How to Call Parameterized Database link in a SQL Query in Reports 3.0
Next Topic: Dynamic Page Break
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 13:32:24 CDT 2024