Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » displaying oracle report in oracle forms
displaying oracle report in oracle forms [message #89553] Wed, 12 May 2004 22:58 Go to next message
Liane Uellner
Hello,

i want to display an report inside an forms window. Using web.show_document either replaces the browser current window or opens a new browser window, but i want to display the report at an location inside my forms window.
I am using developer suite 10g

What can i do?

thanks

Liane
Re: displaying oracle report in oracle forms [message #89555 is a reply to message #89553] Thu, 13 May 2004 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Himanshu
Hi,
Just write
WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT(URL,_SELF);

Regards
Himanshu
Re: displaying oracle report in oracle forms [message #89557 is a reply to message #89555] Thu, 13 May 2004 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Liane Uellner
Thank you for your reply, but if i use the
keyword _SELF in web.show_document, the whole browser window is replaced with the report. That is not what i want. I want the report an one place inside the the form.
Re: displaying oracle report in oracle forms [message #89558 is a reply to message #89557] Fri, 14 May 2004 01:39 Go to previous message
Himanshu
Hi,
For such sort of thing you have to do some extra amount of Coding as follows.
Note that you will have to remove extra spaces before each HTML tag as the Browser was giving problems in Posting this message.
Regards
Himanshu

First make a static .html file called static_jinit.htm.
Now, build a new .html file called, say, web_n_frames.htm, with:
< HTML>
< HEAD>< TITLE>Frame and web.show_document< /TITLE>< /HEAD>
< FRAMESET COLS = "60%,40% " >
< FRAME SRC="left_frame_form.htm" NAME="frame_left" RESIZE>
< FRAME SRC="right_frame_empty.htm" NAME="frame_right" RESIZE> < /FRAMESET>
< /HTML> )
Make a copy of the original static_jinit.htm and call it left_frame_form.htm and make a new file right_frame_empty.htm with:
< HTML>
< BODY>
< P>I am the right frame!
< /BODY>
< /HTML> )
Now, the original web form will appear in the left frame and the right frame will only contain the sentence "I am the right frame!". The right frame is called "frame_right" (NAME="frame_right"). The PL/SQL code: web.show_document('http://www.oracle.com','frame_right'); will now show the URL in the right frame.
Previous Topic: Reports Printing problem in WIn-XP ok with 98
Next Topic: Repeating Frames: Null group value
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 13:34:09 CDT 2024