Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Layout question
Layout question [message #89566] Tue, 18 May 2004 05:01 Go to next message
Ben Parker
Can anyone tell me under what conditions Oracle Report Builder will force a redevelopment of a complex layout?

For example, suppose I already have a layout developed around a collection of queries; if I add a new query to the collection, will Oracle permit me to build on the existing layout, adding the new data to it, or will it force me to start over from a default layout?

I am trying to determine precisely when one risks losing the existing layout.

Re: Layout question [message #89567 is a reply to message #89566] Tue, 18 May 2004 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben Parker
As a follow-on to the above posting, I am using Reports 6i and 9i.
Re: Layout question [message #89573 is a reply to message #89566] Wed, 19 May 2004 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Himanshu
Hi,
If you want to keep your existing layout then do not use Layout wizard as this will cause the loss of exisitng layout.

In order to add new feilds go to Layout builder & add the required objects manually.

Regards
Himanshu
Re: Layout question [message #89620 is a reply to message #89567] Sat, 05 June 2004 02:21 Go to previous message
subhasish
Hi Ben,

Shortest and quick way to do this is first write the query in data-model of the existing report.
secondly same query on new report data model and generate the layout with report wizard.
copy the layout(ctrl+A) of the new report and paste on the existing report layout.
Reapeating frame name might be different and that can be changed in frame properties.

With RGDS
subhasish
Previous Topic: Reports
Next Topic: report calling
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 16:28:56 CDT 2024