Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Running reports with multiple parameter value.
Running reports with multiple parameter value. [message #89612] Thu, 03 June 2004 06:38 Go to next message
subhasish
Can anyone help as to how to run report with multiple parameter value.
e.g at parameter form all the department are shown, user select the departments of his interest and run the report.
Concanating the depatment code as '01','02','03'.. and using it in user parameter in reports using IN operator does not works..
What is best/ simple way to do this..

thanking in advance
Subhasish
Re: Running reports with multiple parameter value. [message #89617 is a reply to message #89612] Sat, 05 June 2004 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Himanshu
Hi,
Make use of Lixical parameters.
e.g.
Make parameter P_Query Varchar2(2000).
In After parmeter form make a statment as follows:
:P_Query:= 'And DEPTNO in('||:P_Deptno1||','||:P_Deptno2||')';

Use this in your query(Datamodel) as :
select * from emp where 1=1
&P_query;

HTH
Regards
Himanshu
Re: Running reports with multiple parameter value. [message #89619 is a reply to message #89617] Sat, 05 June 2004 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
subhasish
Thanks Himanshu, the only thing I change was the concatenated string generated from the selection criteria and pass in on as parameter to report. That was really helpful.
Thanks again.
subhasish
Re: Running reports with multiple parameter value. [message #89638 is a reply to message #89612] Wed, 09 June 2004 10:44 Go to previous message
Nidia
I have a similar problem as well. Maybe I am not understanding the question or answer. I need a parameter that passes various values.

For example, I want to print the report for Purchase Order 1, 6, 10, and 25. To print one report it says where po_no = :p_po_no. But, how would it be for several. Each time I print this report it might be one, two, five, etc. I will never have a set number of POs to print.

Any help or more details on how to do it would be great.

Thanks in advance
Previous Topic: system parameter in report
Next Topic: Print PDF file after creation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 10:57:30 CDT 2024