Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » Fastest JDBC driver for Oracle
Fastest JDBC driver for Oracle [message #91219] Fri, 31 May 2002 10:31 Go to next message
rajesh kanna
I currently involved in developing a web based system which is going handle upto 215 million records.The sytem uses Bea Weblogic Server as the Application Server and Oracle 9i as the database server.Please suggest me the fastest and the right driver to use for web based systems with Bea and Oracle.
I have tried with Oracle thin driver for jdk 2.1 and Oracle OCI driver.But i would like to know the following queries
1.Which is the right driver industrial standard for web based system especially with Bea Weblogic and Oracle Server i.e Oracle OCI driver or 100 % pure java thin driver
2.Whether i can use Oracle JDriver from Bea Weblogic.Is it faster than Oracle thin driver or OCI driver.
3.I have enabled connection pooling from Bea Application Server,is it necessary to initialise connection pooling from Oracle Back-End.
Thanks a lot
and expecting the reply as soon as possible
with regds
Rajesh
Re: Fastest JDBC driver for Oracle [message #91335 is a reply to message #91219] Wed, 17 July 2002 04:04 Go to previous message
Paul Sedlak
Rajesh, we use WebLogic/Oracle and have been using the Oracle JDriver from Bea Weblogic for the past several years w/o any problems-until this month. We migrated to a different Sun platform (Netra) and had strange results with the WebLogic JDriver from Bea. On SELECT statements, a column value would be NULL, when we knew there was data there. We chgd to use Oracle thin and Oracle OCI drivers and everything was fine again. So be warned. We had no problems on other HP and Sun machines with the same code and driver. The only set back with using the Oracle drivers is the jdbc.log becomes useless. They write SO much junk to the log that is quickly fills up a file system. Good luck!
Previous Topic: Re: sample test questions for OCP exams IZO-501/502/504/505
Next Topic: Re: Word Doc to XML converter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:13:16 CDT 2024