Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » The Network Adapter could not establish the connection
The Network Adapter could not establish the connection [message #91307] Mon, 08 July 2002 23:34 Go to next message
Michael Wong
We can successfully connect the database throughout the project. However, when we stop using it for a period, say overnight, the 1st connection will fail. Checked with the log, it shows:
Mapping the following SQLException, with ErrorCode 17,002 and SQLState <null>, to a StaleConnectionException: java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection.

Basically, I can re-produce the same error log only when I un-plugged the network cable from the Oracle database machine!

Do anyone have idea on it?

Thanks a lot.
Re: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection [message #91319 is a reply to message #91307] Mon, 15 July 2002 03:08 Go to previous message
yutar
You know, i have the same problem. There is one PC, from which I can't connect Oracle 817 EE DB. From another PCs no problem. I always get the same error:
The Network Adapter could not establish the connection.
I almost sure that the JDBC Driver creates problems. I tried already many of them, but no success. If I find out the solution IŽll give you to know. I'd like to ask you about the same favour :-)
Previous Topic: What should I put in class.forName().
Next Topic: Very Very Urgent...help needed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:51:00 CDT 2024