Home » Developer & Programmer » Precompilers, OCI & OCCI » SIMPLE QUESTION ABOUT PRO*C
SIMPLE QUESTION ABOUT PRO*C [message #93663] Tue, 24 September 2002 06:05 Go to next message
HIT1
QUE-1

I AM WRITTING ON PROGRAMME IN C.I WANT TO USE ORACLE WITH IT.FOR THAT I SHOULD USE PRO*C.I KNOW SYNTAX STATEMENT OF PRO*C,BUT WHERE TO WRITE THAT STATEMENT,HOW TO COMPILE IT.

WHEN I WRITE

EXEC SQL

IT ASKS FOR SOME FILE TO BE INCLUDED.I DON'T KNOW WHICH FILE TO BE INCLUDED.I AM WRITTING THIS PROGRAMME THROUGH vc++ EDITOR.SO WHICH FILE SHOULD BE INCLUDED IN vc++ IN ORDER TO CONNECT WITH ORACLE & COMPILE THIS PROGRAMME.

QUE-2

WHERE SHOULD I GO & COMPILE THIS PROGRAMME.i.e at sql prompt OR IN vc++

QUE-3

IF COMPILATION GOES PROPER THEN HOW TO EXECUTE THIS PROGRAMME.
Re: SIMPLE QUESTION ABOUT PRO*C [message #93693 is a reply to message #93663] Wed, 16 October 2002 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
war5ter
You have to include several files for compiling pro*C in vc++.

First, you have to write the pro*C program in a text editor / or any other editor and save it as as .pc file

This file has to be pre-compiled using the pro*C
pre-compiler and it will generate a .c file

This .c file has to be compiled in vc++ environment to get the executable. you need to include the orasql8.lib in msvc/lib directory for compilation .
Re: SIMPLE QUESTION ABOUT PRO*C [message #94309 is a reply to message #93663] Fri, 16 July 2004 21:37 Go to previous message
landon miracle
send me details on how to write a computer programme on my mail box
Previous Topic: Error in Pro*COBOL program
Next Topic: Terminating the application when I execute sqlcxt in Pro*C/C+ Program in Unix
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:36:10 CDT 2024