Home » Developer & Programmer » Precompilers, OCI & OCCI » ORA-12560 TNS:protocol adapter error: -In VB
ORA-12560 TNS:protocol adapter error: -In VB [message #94340] Tue, 10 August 2004 10:08 Go to next message
Ted
Please be patient with my question, as I am totally an ammature at this.

I am running oracle on Windows Xp O/S. I am trying to create a connetion between Visual Basics and the Oracle database I created within a stand alone off-network machine. At some point, I was asked to "Enter server name". How do I get this information? I assumed it was my machine name, so I right-clicked on my machine--->clicked on properties--->clicked on the computer name tab---> and copied the computer full name and pasted it. I then put in my Oracle DB user name & password, and clicked on test connection.

The result was: ORA-12560 TNS:protocol adapter error

Please help.

Ted
Re: ORA-12560 TNS:protocol adapter error: -In VB [message #94350 is a reply to message #94340] Tue, 24 August 2004 11:46 Go to previous message
T.J.
Ted, I know what your going through even though I am running Windows 98SE. But it seems though nobody wants to help us guys. Whats that about! If you hear anything please let me know how to deal with this problem. I just want to run SQL*Plus, Thats All. If I find a solution then I give you the info too!!

From a future DBA

T.J.
Previous Topic: Loading data using Pro*C
Next Topic: OCCI Library
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:46:25 CDT 2024