Home » Developer & Programmer » Precompilers, OCI & OCCI » Where to get OCCI? I need DLL and .h files
Where to get OCCI? I need DLL and .h files [message #94565] Thu, 10 February 2005 13:25 Go to next message
MeshFire
Visual C++ 6:
fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'occi.h': No such file or directory
Re: Where to get OCCI? I need DLL and .h files [message #110312 is a reply to message #94565] Sat, 05 March 2005 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amit_joshi
hi

you need to install the oci client from the Oracle Client CD

Regards
Amit
Re: Where to get OCCI? I need DLL and .h files [message #111575 is a reply to message #94565] Thu, 17 March 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kuan62
Hi~ MeshFire,

Enjoy it~~ In the first, you should join to Oracle's member, then you can download the instant client files!!

http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/oci/instantclient/index.html

Please note that Instant Client is provided under a separate OTN Development and Distribution License for Instant Client that allows most licensees to download, redistribute, and deploy in production environments, without charge. Please consult the license and your legal department for clarification, if necessary. For more information on Instant Client, see the official Instant Client site.

Instant Client for Windows 64-bit Itanium New! (04-Mar-05)
Instant Client for Linux x86-64 New! (25-Feb-05)
Instant Client for Mac OS X
Instant Client for Linux x86
Instant Client for Linux Itanium
Instant Client for Microsoft Windows (32-bit) <--- You need it!!
Instant Client for Solaris Operating System (SPARC)(64-bit)
Instant Client for Solaris Operating System (SPARC)(32-bit)
Instant Client for HP-UX PA-RISC (64-bit)
Instant Client for HP-UX PA-RISC (32-bit)
Instant Client for AIX5L (64-bit)
Instant Client for AIX5L (32-bit)
Instant Client for HP Tru64 UNIX
Instant Client for HP-UX Itanium (64-bit)
Instant Client for HP-UX Itanium (32-bit)

Best Regards,
Re: Where to get OCCI? I need DLL and .h files [message #134828 is a reply to message #111575] Sat, 27 August 2005 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
greatb
In 10g you typically do not connect to an oracle sid with oci. Rather, you connect to a "Service Name"

This allows one service name to specify more than one SID or database instance. This is great for the 10g RAC. Or 10g Grid as they call it. By connecting to a service name you can have transparent application fail over between two different database instances on two different nodes. Only OCI supports TAF as it uses the Oracle Instant client to open a connection through SQLNET.

Take a look at your configuration files on the server running the 10g RAC and be sure it is configured with a service name and that the listner is running with that service name. ( on the db server $ORACLE_HOME/product/.../network/admin/tnsnames.ora, sqlnet.ora and listener.ora )

Then you can connect with the instant client by setting a TNS_ADMIN environemnet variable that points to the directory containing your tnsnames.ora for your client. It should contain an entry similiar to this sample file:

#-------------------------------------------------------
#-- C:\instantclient10_1\tnsnames.ora
#------------------------------------------------------
MYDB = (DESCRIPTION=
( ADDRESS= (PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=MYHOST)(PORT=1521) )
( CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=ORCL) )
)

#-- End tnsnames.ora entry

------------------------------
-- Sample connection jdbc url:
-----------------------------
jdbc:oracle:oci:@mydb

Hope this helps.

Britton
Re: Where to get OCCI? I need DLL and .h files [message #143432 is a reply to message #111575] Thu, 20 October 2005 07:42 Go to previous message
manav.sah

hi!..
i m new to occi...
i did compile the occi program but unable to link that ...
i m not being able to get the name of the required library for generating the executabl...
pls guide me to get the name ..
i m doing so in linux platform with oracle 9i
thanks in advance
  • Attachment: occi1.cc
    (Size: 1.02KB, Downloaded 2151 times)
Previous Topic: What version of ODBC drivers uses OCI API's to connect to Oracle database?.
Next Topic: OCI Linux enviroment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:50:30 CDT 2024