Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Oracle Help!!!!
Oracle Help!!!! [message #99407] Thu, 25 October 2001 05:23 Go to next message
ketan patel
v r hving oracle 7 unix based.. and v r feeding large data into it and utilizing as per our requirement.. a export facility is also available.. now problem is that when oracle is export the data it is in .dmp format...IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET DIRECTLY ON PC MACHINE IN ANY SOFTWARE LIKE EXCEL OR ACCESS ETC... IF YES PL SEND STEPS TO EXPORT TABLES..

waiting 4 ur prompt reply....

Always...
- Ketan Patel, Rajkot

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Oracle Help!!!! [message #99408 is a reply to message #99407] Thu, 25 October 2001 07:35 Go to previous message
markus buchhauser
Hello Ketan,
hope I have understood your question in the right way - because my English isn't the best, so the following may help you:
first of all you have to configure Net8 in Oracle;
then take an PC on which ACCESS97 (better than 2000) is working - here you have to configure the ODBC-Connection (use the tnsName off Net8 to achieve the listener;
than start ACCESS - create an new database or take an old one, that doesn't matter;
choose (i hope I translate the menue-item in the right way)
FILE - EXTERN DATA
in the following window/menue choose File-type = ODBC Databases;
now it have to appear a window to choose ODBC-Sources: take 'ComputerDataSources' (in German: Computerdatenquellen) and choose your ODBC-Name of your ODBC(-NET8-Oracle-)Connection;
if your connection works, now you get a window to announce at the database; after that there have to appear a window with all the tables, you have rights on in Oracle; take your choice and import them to ACCESS;
I hope this all will work - I have testet it under Oracle8.1.7 an ACCESS 2000 on an WINDOWS 2000 machine. If you have any questions, you can write me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Previous Topic: Re: Windows 98 personal 8i install problems.
Next Topic: Re: OCI on Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:32:29 CDT 2024