Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » OEM Agent Authentication on Win2000 server
OEM Agent Authentication on Win2000 server [message #99465] Wed, 21 November 2001 03:53 Go to next message
Musoke Stephen
I have an 8.1.7 intelligent agent, 8.1.7 database instance and an OEM management server on the same machine. When i try to run any job on the server through OEM I get VNI-2015 error: Agent authentication failed. My agent credentials are administrator with the logon as a batch job priviledge.

At the same time I can use the OEM to run jobs on a similar database running Win2K Professional.

Please help

Thanks in advance

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: OEM Agent Authentication on Win2000 server [message #99971 is a reply to message #99465] Mon, 03 June 2002 07:32 Go to previous message
Michael Splettstößer
Hi,
after many tries now I found a way to run jobs in Oracle 8.1.7 on Windows 2000 Server.

There are two configurations in order make it running.

First, in user-administration of Windows 2000 Server you have to make a new local (!) user. Anyway, you can also use the users that were allways installed, but this mustn't be domain-users !

To this user you have to grant the right "logon as batch" in Windows. To do so use start administration ... policies. (On my German version this is "Verwaltung lokale Sicherheitseinstellungen".). In "local policies" there has to be a key named "logon as a batch job". (In German: "Anmelden als Stapelverarbeitungsauftrag".) Open this key and add the User you want to this right. For standard "LocalSystem"-user in Windows-Services I used user SYSTEM and also the Administrator.
The same user(s) have to be added to the local Windows-group "ORA_DBA" that is installed by Oracle on your server.
After that change the user in Oracle Agent Service or leave it, if you use LocalSystem.
To be sure restart the agent-service !

The second is to use the system preferences in OEM. At the most right menu on Nodes use the formerly user. I still use the Administrator with it's password. On Database use an Oracle-user with SYSDBA-rights, i.e. internal/oracle and change normal to SYSDBA.

Now that I made these changes to my local system I can successfully add and run jbs from OEM.
Previous Topic: How to get DBA studio in Unix environment
Next Topic: what is the rowid type ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:58:29 CDT 2024