Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Oracle Service on Win 2000
Oracle Service on Win 2000 [message #99594] Mon, 21 January 2002 22:36 Go to next message
VijayaKrishna
Hello Everyone,

I am facing a problem with Oracle service on Windows 2000 server o/s.

The Problem is : sometimes when i restrat the system the Oracle service instance is not gettting started automatically eventhough its set as Automatic, and i need to go to DBA Studio GUI to start the database instance with SYSDBA privilege. My Oracle is 8.1.6 , Please help me how to solve this problem. This is the second time am facing this problem. When i faced this problem for the first time, while restarting automatically CHKDISK was executed and this problem was solved , but now its not running CHKDSK. In services list the service related to ORACLE is shown as 'Starting' and its not completely getting started.

Thaks in advance for the replies.
Re: Oracle Service on Win 2000 [message #99597 is a reply to message #99594] Tue, 22 January 2002 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Evans
Check your registry settings at the following location:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREORACLEHOME0
You will have a number of settings but the two you need to check are:
ORA_(SID)_AUTOSTART should be set to True
and
ORA_(SID)_PFILE should hold the correct path for the init(SID).ora file for the database (SID being the name of the database). If either are wrong, to change them right-click and click Modify then insert the correct value. If you have more than one database running on the same server, you will have more than one HOME entry in this area of the registry (HOME0, HOME1, HOME2, etc). You need to check entries for each one. It is always a good idea to take an export of the registry before changing any settings.
Hope this helps.
Re: Oracle Service on Win 2000 [message #100059 is a reply to message #99594] Tue, 02 July 2002 06:43 Go to previous message
Mark
Thanks a lot 4 your help. U're a great!!!
Previous Topic: Re: Installation Problems of Developer2000 on Windows 2000/NT
Next Topic: Problems with starting database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:41:04 CDT 2024