Home » Infrastructure » Windows » installation disaster
installation disaster [message #99622] Mon, 28 January 2002 19:15 Go to next message
helpless
my friend passed me a copy of oracle 8i to install on my computer for our project, but didn't tell me that it was for win2000. i'm using winME, so the drivers crashed and now the whole system has gone ballistic. how do i fix it without having to spend any money as i'm utterly broke?! my friend hasn't a clue
Re: installation disaster [message #99630 is a reply to message #99622] Tue, 29 January 2002 23:47 Go to previous message
Pete
try putting the CD back in - should then come up with an option to de-install software - do this first.
Then delete the directory that contains the Oracle stuff = (e.g C:ora81) or something like that.
Then go into the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARE and delete the Oracle directory under that
also in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlsetServices - you'll find some Oracle directories under there.

This should delete all the Oracle stuff - don't know if this will sort out the drivers problem - but it's a start
Previous Topic: Windows NT and DOS
Next Topic: Re: Oracle Management Server NT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:45:32 CDT 2024