Home » Infrastructure » Windows » OO4O : Oracollection within a stored procedure call
OO4O : Oracollection within a stored procedure call [message #99736] Tue, 12 March 2002 01:28 Go to next message
Rob Sexton
I need to call an Oracle Stored procedure from VB which returns amoungst other parameters, an oracle RECORD type as follows :-

TYPE single_entry_record IS RECORD (
source_data VARCHAR2(6),
product_suppressed pg_types.server_flag_array,
product_type pg_types.product_array,
num_of_products NUMBER,
booked_out VARCHAR(1),
read_only VARCHAR(1),
phonetic_flag VARCHAR(1),
booked_out_usr_id t_entry_bookout.user_id%TYPE,
booked_out_usr_name pg_user.pv_user_name%TYPE,
display_marker NUMBER,

etc.....................

I am having difficulty with the OO4O side in VB. I think I need to use an Oracollection and a ORATYPE_VARRAY or ORATYPE_TABLE. Can anyone point me in the direction of any code examples for this sort of thing. I can find examples using Dynasets, but I do want want to use this method.

Cheers,

Rob Sexton
Re: OO4O : Oracollection within a stored procedure call [message #99737 is a reply to message #99736] Tue, 12 March 2002 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sum yong guy
MORE INFORMATION
================

Here is what I have so far in VB. When I run it, I am getting a OIP-04149 error (Invalid input object for field and parameters).

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Rob Sexton
Re: OO4O : Oracollection within a stored procedure call [message #100303 is a reply to message #99737] Sat, 05 October 2002 12:22 Go to previous message
Narasimha Sai
I got the same problem.
The OO4O object does not understand the TYPE that you are declaring in the Oracle Package. I would guess, We need to "CREATE" the type out side the package, I mean like any other data type.
Previous Topic: Re: Oracle Management Server NT
Next Topic: Re: Urgent - Need answers to DBA Interview Questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:10:52 CDT 2024