Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Re: Installation Problems of Developer2000 on Windows 2000/NT
Re: Installation Problems of Developer2000 on Windows 2000/NT [message #99860] Tue, 30 April 2002 13:03
Steve
Hello,

Regarding your solution to the problem below, "first install developer2000 then delete dir orainst and install oracle8 in same host", can the same Oracle home directory be used when installing developer2000 and then later oracle8?

I am using windows2000 professional for Oracle 8.1.7 enterprise edition and it is working perfectly. I have problems while installing Developer2000 ver 6. When I am selecting my default home("OraHome81")as the target for D2k , I am getting the following message:
"The Location specified "OraHome81" is already used as an oracle home for "Oracle 817 Production". It cannot be used by as an oracle home for "NT"."

Then I have created a new Oracle Home "D2K" and set a new target directory. When the installation starts I am getting another error.

Oracle Net8 Client does not support multiple installations, and therefore cannot be installed on "D2K". It can only be installed on "OraHome81". In order to install Oracle Net8 Client , please run the oracle installer again, and select "OraHome81" as the target location.

Please help me for solving this problem.

Thank You.
Previous Topic: Re: Oracle Management Server NT
Next Topic: Re: solution for JREW error on Pentium 4 installations
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 18:34:03 CDT 2024