Home » Infrastructure » Windows » export/import from Unix to Windows 9x
export/import from Unix to Windows 9x [message #99972] Mon, 03 June 2002 10:32 Go to next message
aj-jian
I have performed a full export of the Oracle Database in the Unix environment and have used ftp to get the export file and store it in the Windows file with and without using bin. I am having trouble importing the database. I'm getting the IMP-00010: not a valid export file, header failed verification. I looked at the header and it is the standard header used. How do I import the database from Unix to Windows 9x? I appreciate any ideas you may have. Thanks much.
Re: export/import from Unix to Windows 9x [message #99973 is a reply to message #99972] Mon, 03 June 2002 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grant
Your versions of export/import/Oracle have to match as does your NLS_LANG. You also have to have done a binary ftp. If your versions do not match there are procedures you have to follow. Do a search on MetaLink for "export +matrix" and it will come up with a matrix on what you need to do for version mismatch. If they match do the import in a DOS window after you have set NLS_LANG to the NLS_LANG defined on the unix server. For example if the unix server is WE do:

set NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1
imp ...

If the NT language is not set to that you will set conversion type messages but should be OK.
Re: export/import from Unix to Windows 9x [message #100711 is a reply to message #99973] Tue, 10 June 2003 05:03 Go to previous message
E.I. Ravindranath
Thanks. It orked well.

EIR
Previous Topic: ORA-12540 TNS:Internal Limit Restriction Exceeded
Next Topic: No Response
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:04:27 CDT 2024