Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Problems with starting database
Problems with starting database [message #99989] Mon, 10 June 2002 03:06 Go to next message
Spod Letela
I installed Oracle version 8.1.7 demo version downloaded from oracle site and there was no problems during instalation, but when i want to start database (DBA Studio->Instance->Database->Open->Apply), database dont want to start. Database was created during instalation.

The problem is that that was not the first time it happened (it is 5th time i installed everything again (and clean registry "by hand" :{), sometimes it worked for a day, sometimes it didnt work at all,...). Allso i have problems (only on some databases) with logins. On some scott/tiger, sys/change_on_install, system/manadger works and on some not, although all were created on same way.

Database name: KADRI3

Services started (automatic):
OracleOraHome81Agent,
OracleOraHome81DataGatherer, OracleOraHome81HTTPServer,
OracleOraHome81TNSListener,
OracleServiceKADRI3

Service failed to start (manual):
OracleOraHome81ClientCache (crash on manual start)

OS tested on:
Windows 2000, Windows XP (same problem on both)

If i should provide some additional information, just ask. I would be very thankfull if someone would help me! I can even send you a beer :D.
Re: Problems with starting database [message #99990 is a reply to message #99989] Mon, 10 June 2002 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Is that personal oracle or what?
what is the error message?
did you try from svrmgrl?
Re: Problems with starting database [message #100063 is a reply to message #99989] Wed, 03 July 2002 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
priyanshu
sir ,

we are facing a problem and i hope you will solve it for us.

sir , actually we have changed our machine name which earlier we are using as our windows nt server and we have our database on that server.can youtell me the main files which are required to be configured so as to allow us to run the database with the changed server name.
waiting for your help.
Re: Problems with starting database [message #100065 is a reply to message #100063] Wed, 03 July 2002 07:33 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Just make sure whether the database is up and accessible from the machine( connect sqlplus and run some commnds).
if you are using this database, from any other clients in the network,
then you need to change just the host information in the tnsnames.ora file.
change the hostname to the new name or new IP.
that will do.
Previous Topic: Oracle Service on Win 2000
Next Topic: Re: Installing Developer 2000 and Oracle 7 on Windows 98
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 23:50:59 CDT 2024