Home » Infrastructure » Windows » IIS ASP Configuration Problem
IIS ASP Configuration Problem [message #100119] Fri, 26 July 2002 08:01 Go to next message
Alex
I just setup an Oracle 9i installation on a W2K Server. I have no problem connecting to the database from any computer on the network using SQL Plus or any ODBC connections. I created a VB app that talks tot he DB with no problems. The problem is that when I try to talk to the DB through the IIS server using ASP I am getting the following error:

[[Microsoft]][[ODBC Driver Manager]] Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_ENV failed

It does not matter if I am running IIS on the 9i server of on a remote IIS server, I get the same error. I have used DSN connections and DSNless connections with the exact same result.

Please help.

Alex
Same Problem here [message #100509 is a reply to message #100119] Fri, 31 January 2003 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johannes
Wonder whether this issue has been resolved because i experience the same problem right now.

Accessing the oracle-database via a VB-Application running on the server does fine while trying to receive data via IIS + ASP gives me the same error message described above:

[[Microsoft]][[ODBC Driver Manager]] Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_ENV failed

Any solutions yet?

Johannes
Re: IIS ASP Configuration Problem [message #100621 is a reply to message #100119] Wed, 12 March 2003 03:00 Go to previous message
Andrea
For anybody who comes across the same problem, read this:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q255084&LN=EN-US

Step 9 and 10 did it for me.
Previous Topic: Re: Uninstalling Oracle completely
Next Topic: How i can take frequent backup of my database with a batch file?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:46:27 CDT 2024