Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Why OracleServiceXXXX did not actually "started"
Why OracleServiceXXXX did not actually "started" [message #100302] Fri, 04 October 2002 14:32 Go to next message
YuLi
I recently installed Oracle8.1.7 on a WIN2000 pro sp2 machine. After I reboot the machine, OracleServiceXXXX is marked "Started" in the service. I launched SQL PLUS and try to log in with my normal user id and pw. I got the following Error:
ORA_01034: ORACLE not available
ORA_27101: Shared memory realm does not exist
I stopped and restarted the OracleServiceXXXX several times, it did not make a difference. I looked at even viewer, no log messages for reboot failure. Finally I have to open DBO Studio to login as sys to manually start database there.

Anybody has an idea what's going on? Why it has status of "Started", but really not. Why there is no logged message in the event viewer? I am new to the Oracle8i.

Thank you for your response.

Regards
Re: Why OracleServiceXXXX did not actually "started" [message #100315 is a reply to message #100302] Thu, 10 October 2002 07:16 Go to previous message
Roy
Did you configure a service using net8 assitant? You can find it on the menu (network administration tools). when you configure, at the end it will prompt you for testing. Once it is done, then use 'tnsping' to check the service. If the service is 'xx' then tnsping xx. If you get a response, then its good.
Use sqlplus system/manager@xx to log on.
Previous Topic: Re: Installing Developer 2000 and Oracle 7 on Windows 98
Next Topic: Re: solution for JREW error on Pentium 4 installations
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:01:07 CDT 2024