Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Please Help!!!!
Please Help!!!! [message #100642] Thu, 27 March 2003 22:29 Go to next message
N. Kaufman
Hello all,
I am in the process of installing Oracle 8i Personal edition (I believe 8.1.6 or 8.1.7) on Win98 (First Edition NOT SE).

I would really appreciate if you can give me some pointers on how should I proceed, things I should note and avoid/do etc. etc. i.e. Anything which can assist me in installing the software. I've seen the documentation at some websites and it can be quite daunting.

Thanks in advance,

N.Kaufman
Re: Please Help!!!! [message #100643 is a reply to message #100642] Fri, 28 March 2003 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
utsav
Hi,

Well follow the following steps,

1. Insert the cd
2. universal installer will start
3. if it doesn't start by double clinking on the icon or setup
4. it will ask for the home directory specify or keep default
5. keep hitting next
6. once the installation starts sit back and relax
7. if the cd is original it will complete the installation and will infor u
8. if the cd is pirated it will abruptly stop the installation but dont worry the oracle will still be functional.
start the personal edition and start working.

In case of problem post the message.

utsav.
Re: Please Help!!!! [message #100649 is a reply to message #100642] Fri, 28 March 2003 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
N. Kaufman
Hello,

Thanks for your response.

Should I install Developer 6i first and then Oracle 8i or should I install the other way?

Also, I needed to know if there are any steps I should take before installing Oracle or while installing Oracle i.e while entering DB SID, Name etc.

Thanks,

N. Kaufman
Re: Please Help!!!! [message #100651 is a reply to message #100649] Mon, 31 March 2003 05:56 Go to previous message
utsav
Hi,
Install database and then forms Thats no problem.

Most of the time default will do if u however wnat to change the sid , dont forget it because u will need it later on.

Utsav.
Previous Topic: Re: ASP problem for Oracle9i on windows2000
Next Topic: Oracle Socket Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:36:16 CDT 2024