Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Oracle 8.0.5 suddenly stopped and doesn't start on NT anymore.
Oracle 8.0.5 suddenly stopped and doesn't start on NT anymore. [message #100730] Tue, 24 June 2003 21:10
PT
Oracle Doesn't Start Anymore (Oracle 8.0.5 NT SP 6).

I ran VBApp on Oracle to do mailmerge with only 10 records but, all the sudden, Oracle Database just stopped working. I tried to restart it again manually, no luck. Restarting the NT server, same bad result. However, I receive an error message that Ora80.exe failed to start. I let go and tried to restart "ORCLService" manually, I got this message.

Oracle80.exe - Application Error. The application failed to initiliaze properly 90xc0000005). Click OK to terminate the application.

I check the EventView, this is the message I received at the time when Oracle stopped.

EventID: 2002 Source: Perflib Type:Warning

The open procedure for service "Tcpip" in DLL "Perfctrs.dll" has taken longer than the established wait time to complete. There may be a problem with this extensible counter or the service it is collecting data from or the system may have been very busy when this call was attempted.

I also found another EventID of what happened before Oracle stopped. It also keeps happening till now. (I guessed I need to find solution for this problem.)

EventID: 5051 Type: Mirror Source: McLogEvent

A thread in process C:Program FilesNetwork AssociatesNetShield 2000Mcshield.exe took longer than 30000 ms to complete a request.
The process will be terminated. Thread id : 186 (0xba)
Thread address : 0x77f67fc7
Thread message :

Build Feb 13 2000 14:57:40 / 7.38
Object being scanned = DeviceHarddisk0Partition2orantbinNS80.dll ( @ 24011 (10006,10010,24016,10006))

The second EventID made me recalled that I saw the Neshield icon on the systems tray had a disabled sign on the top of it (DISABLED).

A few hours after it happened I saw this error message.

Window Title: Dr Watson for Window NT
Body: An application has occurred and application log is being logged.
javaw.exe
Exception Access violation.(0xc0000005), Address 0x027dc0b
[[OK]] [[cancel]][[Help]]

Possible causes are:

- Problem from JAVAw.exe
- Problem from Netsheild
- Problem from DrWatson

Thank you for your help.
PT
Previous Topic: starting up of oracle 8.1.5
Next Topic: Seperation of Data, Index, Redo??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:21:13 CDT 2024