Home » Infrastructure » Windows » tns packet writer failure
tns packet writer failure [message #101027] Tue, 30 March 2004 06:26 Go to next message
Todd
This error is only happening on two machines at my bank. I have tryed deleting the oracle registry folder in current_user and local_machine. I have also disabled the realtime monitoring of both incoming as well as outgoing e-mails in our antivirus software on this computer. i checked tnsnames.ora and made sure that #sqlnet.authentication_services = (none). I have searched the web and found nothing else to help me. I am running oracle 8.05 client on a windows 2000 machine. The other machine is a xp pro. Thanks for any help you guys can give.

Thanks

Todd Naylor
Re: tns packet writer failure [message #101043 is a reply to message #101027] Thu, 01 April 2004 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jr
We had this yesterday (March 31, 2004), too - and licked it thanks to other postings. Solution: Get rid of your ad-ware/spy-ware. SpyBot (freely downloadable) worked for us. I was EXTREMELY skeptical - but it worked. Read some of the other postings on it.
Re: tns packet writer failure [message #101045 is a reply to message #101043] Thu, 01 April 2004 10:39 Go to previous message
Todd
Yea i cleaned this particular machine with spy bot before. I still have no luck. I have tryed every option i have found out on the net. Isn't there a reference for errors and there causes. There can only be so many reasons this error is occurring. All is appreciated.
Previous Topic: Oracle witih Active Directory
Next Topic: cannot call a stored procedure using output parameters from OO4O
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 12:10:25 CDT 2024