Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Enterprise Manager and Intelligent Agent
Enterprise Manager and Intelligent Agent [message #109984] Wed, 02 March 2005 10:31 Go to next message
smagnotta
I am using Oracle 8i (8.1.7 release 3) and was wondering what I can do (command line tools?) to see if the Enterprise Manager is communicating with the Intelligent Agent? I have my server and databases on Windows 2000 Server and everything seems to be OK. I cannot discover any nodes automatically but can do it manually.

I am getting a strange VNI-4026 error: "Error while removing C:\ORACLE\ORA81\SYSMAN\TEMP\VDG\PCNAME.DOMAINNAME.COM.SERVICES.ORA."

I am not getting the "Error: discover failed" message, or "Error: cannot resolve namespace" message or anything like that.

Does anyone know why it cannot remove the file? I can do it manually. I hace Administrator rights on my local PC and our network...Very strange.

Also, when I do the "lsnrctl dbsnmp_status" I see that the "db subagent is not started", but I can do the tnsping to my database/service/SID names, e.g. "tnsping testdb".

Can any of this have anything to do with our Cisco firewall or maybe ports?

Thanks,
Sal
Re: Enterprise Manager and Intelligent Agent [message #109994 is a reply to message #109984] Wed, 02 March 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
From the Oracle Enterprise Manager Messages Manual:

VNI-4026: Discovery failed.

Cause: The user who started the Oracle Management Server might not have write permissions to the Oracle Enterprise Manager temporary directory. The gateway uses a temporary directory during the discovery process.

Action: Give write permissions to the Oracle Enterprise Manager temporary directory to the user who started the Oracle Management Server. The temporary directory is located at $ORACLE_HOME/sysman/temp.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: Enterprise Manager and Intelligent Agent [message #109995 is a reply to message #109984] Wed, 02 March 2005 12:25 Go to previous message
smagnotta
Thanks for the help.

That did not work.

I have questions:

1- The Enterprise Manager needs a repository and you create it on an existing database. It seems that this database should not be monitored in Enterprise Manager. Is this true?

2- Can you use one listener for multiple databases?

3- You only need one Intelligent Agent for the Enterprise Manager even if you have multiple databases. Is this true?

Thanks,
Sal
Previous Topic: formating output
Next Topic: not connecting to remote
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:00:23 CDT 2024