Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » OEM 9.2 Job fails on 1 of 2 dbs
OEM 9.2 Job fails on 1 of 2 dbs [message #122201] Fri, 03 June 2005 13:47 Go to next message
iggy3
oracle 9.2.0.5
unix
installed OEM OMS as seperate database on same node.

I am able to discover both dbs on the node along with listeners, web servers etc.

I am able to create and successfully complete a job on the newly created OEM database but receive failures for job created against the other database. I receive

NMS-01013: sqlplus does not exist

in job output dialog box.

I see the error listed in documentation but nothing is mentioned anywhere about this.

Cause: The sqlplus executable does not exist.

Action: Make sure either svrmgrl or sqldba
can be invoked by the agent.

I have checked and rechecked all pre-creditails.
looked at configs for the IA.

It almost appears as though when creating a job agaisnt the failing system it can't find oracle_home to get to the proper executible.

any info or pointer to documentation will be helpful.

Re: OEM 9.2 Job fails on 1 of 2 dbs [message #122498 is a reply to message #122201] Mon, 06 June 2005 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iggy3
Did a clean start of the agent per documentation procedure with no change.

I am able to create and successfully run Jobs through OEM while choosing o/s commands on either database. I merely cannot run sql*script or dba scripts from the jobs menu.

I was under the impression "NMS:0103" was a networking error. I have not found further info on this error. The error appears to be looking for svrmgrl and/or sqldba which are associated with pre-9i databases.

Fixed Re: OEM 9.2 Job fails on 1 of 2 dbs [message #122822 is a reply to message #122201] Wed, 08 June 2005 12:21 Go to previous message
iggy3
I followed the line OEM takes to grab ORACLE_HOME and noticed it starts with the oratab file.

After double checking, noticed a slash missing from the path.

Fixing this now allows for jobs to successfully complete.

Odd the error would be associated with svrmgrl and sqldba though.

Previous Topic: 10g Enterprise Manager
Next Topic: Upgrade 9.2 failure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 20:38:53 CDT 2024