Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » changed the machine IP address on which database reside?
changed the machine IP address on which database reside? [message #123696] Tue, 14 June 2005 08:40 Go to next message
sunil_v_mishra
hi,

Here is the issue ....

I change the machine IP address on which database reside ...

So now my user are not able to connect to the databse as they where using IP address in there coding as well as tnsnames.ora file.

I made change in listener.ora file on server and had assigned new IP address in that file.

as i connect directly on the database i can connect as DBA .....
But my client who are remotly present are not able to connect to the site ... they are getting this error as below

ORA-12505: TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor

I told my users to make change in there tnsnames.ora file at client side ... i.e to change the IP address .... but still the same problem.

Note:-[1]My listener is strated
[2]Even i booted my machine on which datadase is present
[3]SID is not change...Only IP address of machine is changed.

thanks In advance for help

[Updated on: Tue, 14 June 2005 08:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: changed the machine IP address on which database reside? [message #124123 is a reply to message #123696] Thu, 16 June 2005 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alexb29
ORA-12505: TNS: LISTENER COULD NOT RESOLVE SID GIVEN IN CONNECT DESCRIPTOR ORA-1

PROBLEM:

connect / as sysdba
Each time it returns:
ORA-12505: TNS: listener could not resolve SID given in connect descriptor

SOLUTION:
adding a sting value to the registry
in the oracle home.

The string value I added was
USE_SHARED_SOCKET = TRUE

Note found on metalink
Re: changed the machine IP address on which database reside? [message #124218 is a reply to message #124123] Thu, 16 June 2005 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sunil_v_mishra
hello ,

I am working on linux ... in linux there is no registry so where I have to add the string value USE_SHARED_SOCKET = TRUE

thanks
Sunil
Re: changed the machine IP address on which database reside? [message #124286 is a reply to message #123696] Fri, 17 June 2005 05:28 Go to previous message
alexb29
1) do you have client working whit linux or windows S.O. ?
2) Are you sure that your client have changed entry in the right tnsnames.ora?
Client may have more than a tnsnames.ora
Alessandro
Previous Topic: TNS: No Listener
Next Topic: using external file in tnsnames.ora
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 19:20:27 CDT 2024