Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » problem in tnslname.ora,listener.ora unable to connect
icon9.gif  problem in tnslname.ora,listener.ora unable to connect [message #125587] Mon, 27 June 2005 18:03 Go to next message
sureddi

Hi,

I have a Problem in connecting oracle.My global database name is stracit and my sid is stracit.

listner.ora

# LISTENER.ORA Network Configuration File: D:\oracle\ora81\network\admin\listener.ora
# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

LISTENER =
(DESCRIPTION_LIST =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC0))
)
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = dev1)(PORT = 1521))
)
)
(DESCRIPTION =
(PROTOCOL_STACK =
(PRESENTATION = GIOP)
(SESSION = RAW)
)
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = dev1)(PORT = 2481))
)
)

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
(SID_LIST =
(SID_DESC =
(SID_NAME = PLSExtProc)
(ORACLE_HOME = D:\oracle\ora81)
(PROGRAM = extproc)
)
(SID_DESC =
(GLOBAL_DBNAME = STRACIT)
(ORACLE_HOME = D:\oracle\ora81)
(SID_NAME = STRACIT)
)
)

tnsname.ora

# TNSNAMES.ORA Network Configuration File: D:\oracle\ora81\network\admin\tnsnames.ora

EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA.PICS-TDH.COM =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC0))
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SID = PLSExtProc)
(PRESENTATION = RO)
)
)

INST1_HTTP.PICS-TDH.COM =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVER = SHARED)
(SERVICE_NAME = STRACIT)
(PRESENTATION = http://admin)
)
)

STRACIT.PICS-TDH.COM =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = STRACIT)
)
)

STRACIT =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = STRACIT)
)
)

Sqlnet.ora

# SQLNET.ORA Network Configuration File: D:\oracle\ora81\network\admin\sqlnet.ora

NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN = PICS-TDH.COM

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS)

NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES, ONAMES, HOSTNAME)

The errors Iam getting.First when I install and connect through the sql plus system/manager .It was connecting.After changing tnsnames.ora and connecting as system.manager@stracit that time also it was connecting.When i restart the system and try to connect through sql plus like system/manager

Error
ora-01034 Oracle not Available.
ORA-27101 shared memory realm does not exist.
When I check with the taskmanager ORacle.exe,tsnlsnr.exe r running.I checked in the status at command prompt that one also working fine.I attached as a copy.

When I tried to connect through SqlPLus like system/manager@stracit it was giving this error.
ORA-12535:TNS operation timed out.

I want to solve the Problem by myself .I almost spen like two days but still I can't resolve.Iam following the same syntax given in internet,books and samples.

Help me in this.I want to know why it was giving problem.IN some message they are asking to go to controlpannel and run it.Why I have to run can we not make to run automatically when system starts.If yest how to make it.

Bye
Sri
  • Attachment: LISTENER.doc
    (Size: 0.99MB, Downloaded 2129 times)
Re: problem in tnslname.ora,listener.ora unable to connect [message #125602 is a reply to message #125587] Tue, 28 June 2005 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
girish.rohini
HI

What is the OS you are using?

If its windows, u can schedule these services to start automatically every time system restarts, using the Services panel under Administrative Tools.

For connecting to database, try giving system/manager@stracit.PICS-TDH.COM at the prompt.

or else

comment the following entry in sqlnet.ora:
NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN = PICS-TDH.COM

Regds
Girish
icon7.gif  Re: problem in tnslname.ora,listener.ora unable to connect [message #125662 is a reply to message #125602] Tue, 28 June 2005 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sureddi

It was working after commenting the NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN = PICS-TDH.COM in sqlnet.ora file.I have one question.Iam using windows 2000 server.TO make oracle run automatically I have to Keep Oracle.exe and lsnrctl.exe to start automatically r any other files i have to keep.I have to keep in order also.Tell me about this.

Thanks for your help Girish.

Bye
Sri
Re: problem in tnslname.ora,listener.ora unable to connect [message #125733 is a reply to message #125662] Wed, 29 June 2005 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
girish.rohini
Oracle.exe & lsnrctl.exe are processes that gets executed whenever the service ( that refers to these executable files) is started.

Yes, u need to start lsnrctl.exe, but for oracle.exe u need to pass on the <SID> parameter as well.

For a better view, see the Services tab in Administrator Tools and make the OracleService<SID> & OracleOraHome92TNSListener Services start automatically. The oredr can be any for these to start.

Regds
Girish
ORA-12541:No Listener getting Problem [message #165290 is a reply to message #125587] Wed, 29 March 2006 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sunidhi
Hello all,

New to Oracle.

After Installing Oracle 9i on Windows XP

getting problem like :-

ORA-12541:No Listener getting Problem

How to get rid of this problem ?

Do Needful

rgds

Sunidhi

Re: ORA-12541:No Listener getting Problem [message #168962 is a reply to message #165290] Mon, 24 April 2006 07:03 Go to previous message
hk_panigrahy

u might be getting

TNS-12541 TNS:no listener

Cause: The connection request could not be completed because the listener is not running.

Action: Ensure that the supplied destination address matches one of the addresses used by the listener. Compare the TNSNAMES.ORA entry with the appropriate LISTENER.ORA file (or TNSNAV.ORA if the connection is to go by way of an Interchange). Start the listener on the remote machine.

rgards
harekrushna
Previous Topic: ora 12560
Next Topic: Message -12519 not found; product RDBMS 80;Facility=ORA
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 06:10:09 CDT 2024