Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » In Regards to User information from Server
In Regards to User information from Server [message #127562] Tue, 12 July 2005 04:24 Go to next message
Nasser22

Q1)Where are the client IP and TCP addresses are stored on the server? Is it TSNames.ora? And How to get/extract this info?

Q2) Where to find the list of users that are logged on, and their IP and TCP addresses? If im not mistaken does v$session handle this stuff

Basically im after in summary a sequence of steps for a client
with a particular IP address to connect to a server.

ANy help will be appreciated

Regards
Re: In Regards to User information from Server [message #127613 is a reply to message #127562] Tue, 12 July 2005 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
girish.rohini
Hi

>Q1)Where are the client IP and TCP addresses are stored on the server? Is it TSNames.ora? And How to get/extract this info?

No client IP is not there in tnsnames.ora, instead it contains the server's IP on which database is hosted.
Look into v$session for this.

Q2) Where to find the list of users that are logged on, and their IP and TCP addresses? If im not mistaken does v$session handle this stuff

Yes

Regds
Girish
Re: In Regards to User information from Server [message #127941 is a reply to message #127562] Thu, 14 July 2005 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nasser22
Where can I find information detailing v$session ??

I have found an answer to my prob, but am not sure if it is the best method... create a logon logoff trigger and essentially write a script which collects information from v$session !
Am i correct?

Also I have found that by using
SELECT SYS_CONTEXT('USERENV', 'IP_ADDRESS') we can find IP address?

But how do i retrieve the info, which file can i find the info in?

Thanks
Re: In Regards to User information from Server [message #128395 is a reply to message #127941] Mon, 18 July 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
girish.rohini
HI

If I am not wrong, you shouldn't be able to get this information specified specifically in any of the files on server. You need to fetch it from database itself.

Yes, trigger option can do for you.

Regds
Girish
Re: In Regards to User information from Server [message #129317 is a reply to message #127562] Sat, 23 July 2005 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nasser22
Hi
Just another thing, when we get any info regarding the user in terms of scripts or log log off triggers or SYS_CONTEXT, is this info collected over real time, or does the info appear after a certain amount of time?
Re: In Regards to User information from Server [message #129318 is a reply to message #127562] Sat, 23 July 2005 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nasser22
Also how to find the specific ports of the user in which he/she is connected.... ie- we have found IP address but what abt port address, etc.

Thankyou
icon14.gif  Re: In Regards to User information from Server [message #129498 is a reply to message #127562] Mon, 25 July 2005 08:23 Go to previous message
ramesh_leadersoft
plaease try the following

v$sqlarea,
v$sql

the above views will give u information about what sql issued , who issued from which ip, and lot more,
as i donot have enough time to spend , iam sorry.

but the above definitely works

to try the other one , use triggers specially ment for shutdown, logging etc which picks the data about ehich user logins at what time and loggs off at which time

u can seethe codding from www.\psoug.org site
all the best

incase of any problem callme at ramsat_077@yahoo.com
Bye!
Previous Topic: Microsoft ODBC for Oracle
Next Topic: TNS-12571::Can ping but can't tnsping80 to database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 18:59:13 CDT 2024