Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » maintenance problme of sceduled jobs using DBMS_JOBS pkg
maintenance problme of sceduled jobs using DBMS_JOBS pkg [message #130573] Mon, 01 August 2005 04:17
sanotsh
maintenance problme of sceduled jobs using DBMS_JOBS pkg

I have problem scheduling jobs, could please help

Earlier we used to use OEM to schedule jobs, as we used get problem with Oracle Intelligent Agent and OMS (Oracle mangement Server), we have dropped the
idea of scheduling jobs using OEM, which was Graphical and Good.

Now we are scheduling jobs using DBMS_JOBS pkg. Sometimes due to locks problem of processes, we face Deadlock situation and we contact Administrator
to kill the locks and all the processes waiting rushes at a time and get executed.

So as to avoid locks now we decided to change increase of "TIME INTERVAL BETWEEN RUN OF PROCESSES". but jobs include the list of 35.

two ways to do ... " I HAVE TO SCHEDULE JOBS AGAIN FOR TOMMORROW", AND LIST INCLUDE DAILY,WEEKLY, FORTNIGHTLY,MONTHLY

Note :- we cannot even do table update directly to set tommorrow's date ....please advice

1. remove all old jobs, and re-run the submitalljobs.sql (list of 34 jobs already edited of increase of run interval as specified above).
all old jobs go away and new jobnos come into picture.

2. either to use "dbms_job.change" to edit details of existing jobs.

we are facing this situation very regularily. sometime we have to edit 1 job details or sometimes selected ones from the list. Earlier it was with graphical OEM,
now we can go it now ..

Could please suggest ... is there any better way to handle such situation.

a readymade script or tool available for this, if is web based then it is ok

Thanks & regards,

Previous Topic: Enterprise manager for oracle 9i
Next Topic: OMS(oracle manager server) can~t start base win2K server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:43:01 CDT 2024