Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » network adapter failed to establish connection
network adapter failed to establish connection [message #135139] Tue, 30 August 2005 02:00 Go to next message
laxmiuk
We are using oracle 9i as backend and weblogic as app server. When the application is running, sometimes the database goes down with the following message in the weblogic log file.

"Network adapter failed to establish connection'.

We are thinking that it happens when one of the module is called which makes 30 db calls. We are not 100% sure about it.

Does anyone know what's the problem? If so, pls inform. It will be a great help.
Re: network adapter failed to establish connection [message #135147 is a reply to message #135139] Tue, 30 August 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
girish.rohini
Hi

At that time, when you receive this error, are you able to connect to oracle through sqlplus? If not, what error do you get there?

Also, using your application, can you trap the errorno. & message & post it here.

Regds
Girish
Re: network adapter failed to establish connection [message #135156 is a reply to message #135139] Tue, 30 August 2005 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
laxmiuk
We are able to connect thro' toad. Then i guess we will be able to connect thro' sqlplus as well.

we lost the log file which had that Error code and exact error message in it. If it happens again, i may capture it and send thro'.

Meanwhile can you shed some light to this problem?

Thank you.
Re: network adapter failed to establish connection [message #135166 is a reply to message #135156] Tue, 30 August 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
girish.rohini
http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/oracle/oracle7/net/doc/NWTR23/ch6a.htm

This contains listing of various network related error messages for oracle. This might help in your case.

Regds
Girish
Re: network adapter failed to establish connection [message #135316 is a reply to message #135139] Tue, 30 August 2005 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
laxmiuk
Thank you Girish. Still problem is not resolved.

But one hint we got. There is a module which makes 30 DB connections when it is called. When that module is executed, we face this problem.

If you get any solution, pls post.

Thanks again for the help.
Re: network adapter failed to establish connection [message #135330 is a reply to message #135316] Wed, 31 August 2005 01:46 Go to previous message
girish.rohini
HI

In your database, whats the value of "license_max_sessions" (maximum number of non-system user sessions allowed) & how many sessions are there, when that procedure is not executed.

Regds
Girish
Previous Topic: Oracle 8i to SQL Server
Next Topic: connection issue........!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 22:07:14 CDT 2024