Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » cannot not "oemctl start oms" !!
cannot not "oemctl start oms" !! [message #143873] Sun, 23 October 2005 21:07 Go to next message
lvchengwei
I recently installed oracle9.2.0.1.0 on redhat el as4

and i successfully installed oracle and created a db ,

and also oem console works well.

but when i try to start oms.(i have created the repository)

it failed.

here is the infomation the system gives out:

Timed out trying to start the OMS.
Please check the file /opt/ora9/product/9.2/sysman/log/oms.nohup for more detail s.
Terminated

Starting the Oracle Management Server...
Error starting Oracle Management Server. ORBSingleton: access deniedjava.lang.SecurityException: ORBSingleton: access denied
        at com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.ORBSingleton.connect(ORBSingleton.java:330)
        at oracle.sysman.vxn.VxnNamingContext.<init>(VxnNamingContext.java:285)
        at oracle.sysman.vxn.VxnNamingContext.getNewContext(VxnNamingContext.java:222)
        at oracle.sysman.vxn.VxnNamingService.getInitialContext(VxnNamingService.java:1072)
        at oracle.sysman.vxn.VxnNamingService.enableBootstrap(VxnNamingService.java:1080)
        at oracle.sysman.vxn.VxnNamingService.init(VxnNamingService.java:238)
        at oracle.sysman.vxn.VxnNamingService.getNamingService(VxnNamingService.java:103)
        at oracle.sysman.vxn.VxnNamingService.getNamingService(VxnNamingService.java:112)
        at oracle.sysman.vxa.VxaAppServer.initServer(VxaAppServer.java:3417)
        at oracle.sysman.vxa.VxaAppServer.main(VxaAppServer.java:3048)
OMS exited on Mon Oct 24 09:25:49 CST 2005 with return value 56
Could not start management server. Initialization failure
\nManagement server startup failed. Check the file /opt/ora9/product/9.2/sysman/log/oms.nohup for details
Re: cannot not "oemctl start oms" !! [message #144227 is a reply to message #143873] Tue, 25 October 2005 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
In oemctl file , check your PATH.check whether you have correct values in ORACLE_HOME.
Re: cannot not "oemctl start oms" !! [message #144304 is a reply to message #143873] Tue, 25 October 2005 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lvchengwei
thank u, Mahesh Rajendran

i checked the env variables "$PATH,$ORACLE_HOME"in oemctl file, and they have the correct value.

i have changed the oemctl file before,i changed
JRE="jre $JRENATIVEOPTION -nojit -mx128m "

to

JRE="jre $JRENATIVEOPTION  -mx128m "

Is that matters?

Re: cannot not "oemctl start oms" !! [message #147705 is a reply to message #144304] Sat, 19 November 2005 13:58 Go to previous message
nickleus
does anybody have an answer for this yet? this is driving me crazy! i am running fedora core 4 and have installed oracle 9.2.0.1 and would really like to import an oracle database via the dbastudio, but i can't until i have started the oms, but every time i run:
oemctl start oms

i get the following error in my oms.nohup:
Error starting Oracle Management Server. ORBSingleton: access denied

how do i get around this?
Previous Topic: Ho to configure OEM
Next Topic: Failed to exexcute SQL-Script as Job in EM10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:33:11 CDT 2024