Home » Server Options » Streams & AQ » 9i to 10g replication
9i to 10g replication [message #151593] Thu, 15 December 2005 15:53 Go to next message
natrielli
Hi!!

I need some help!

Is it possible to replicate (and then to use Change Data Control) between a 9i (source) and a 10g (standby) using Oracle Streams?

Thanks very much in advance!!

Ale
Re: 9i to 10g replication [message #193824 is a reply to message #151593] Tue, 19 September 2006 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jburnham
There's an excellent cookbook titled "Asynchronous Change Data
Capture Cookbook February 2006" which talks about CDC using Streams to accomplish what you are trying to do. Asynchronous CDC on a RAC system mines the archived redo logs and uses Streams to replicate to to the target.

I'd like to remove the load entirely from our active nodes. We run Oracle 9i 9.2.0.7 in a two node RAC cluster. We have several physical standbys.

Can we setup Streams replication from the physical standbys?
Re: 9i to 10g replication [message #193849 is a reply to message #193824] Tue, 19 September 2006 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
natrielli
Hi

Yes, you can setup Streams replication to the physical databases. Or let Streams to handle the clustering.

But, why are you planing this? Why do you have the intention to remove the load entirely from the active nodes?

Why you don't add one of your standbys servers as an additional node...

I am just wondering... because I am planing to remove my separated database for the RAC environment....

Regards,
Ale
Re: 9i to 10g replication [message #193871 is a reply to message #193849] Tue, 19 September 2006 14:58 Go to previous message
jburnham
I may be misunderstanding or didn't clearly describe what I want to do.

We have a 9i RAC cluster with two nodes, as well as two physical standbys. We'd like to continue with that arrangement, but when adding Async Hotlog CDC, put the streams capture process on one of the physical standbys. This should put no additional load on the active nodes.

The staging server may have to be 10g, but that may be less of an issue than synchronous CDC.
Previous Topic: Processed messages in queue
Next Topic: Messages not moving to Exception Queue even after retry count reaches its maximum value.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:26:37 CDT 2024