Home » Server Options » Replication » refresh option
icon4.gif  refresh option [message #152428] Fri, 23 December 2005 02:02 Go to next message
mila82
hello

i have just created a materialized view and am a little bit confused on the refresh option ...

well, i would like the materialized view to be updated every day but only with the latest data ... e.g.: only the data that was inserted into the tables today yesterday ...
so i do not want to go through the last (e.g:) 60 days just to get an update on last day's data ....

could someone please help ... would appreciate it a lot ...

cheers

p.s.: merry xmas and happy new year to everyone ..

miles
Re: refresh option [message #152460 is a reply to message #152428] Fri, 23 December 2005 06:26 Go to previous message
orausern
Hi ,

You can try to build the view with refresh on demand option:e.g. see from docs:

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96520/mv.htm#574693

Refresh Options
When you define a materialized view, you can specify two refresh options: how to refresh and what type of refresh. If unspecified, the defaults are assumed as ON DEMAND and FORCE.

The two refresh execution modes are: ON COMMIT and ON DEMAND. Depending on the materialized view you create, some of the options may not be available. Table 8-3 describes the refresh modes.

Table 8-3 Refresh Modes
Refresh Mode Description
ON COMMIT
Refresh occurs automatically when a transaction that modified one of the materialized view's detail tables commits. This can be specified as long as the materialized view is fast refreshable (in other words, not complex). The ON COMMIT privilege is necessary to use this mode

ON DEMAND
Refresh occurs when a user manually executes one of the available refresh procedures contained in the DBMS_MVIEW package (REFRESH, REFRESH_ALL_MVIEWS, REFRESH_DEPENDENT)

also pl. know that, when you refresh the materialized view, it will be updated so that all the data in it will be in sync with the data in its base tables..

So I do not know, how you can meet ur requirement like..i only want some data , of yesterday but not some other data of 60 days ago...

may be you can try to build the m.view and add a query in it to restrict the records included in it..

N.

Previous Topic: Can anyone introduce me How to Replication
Next Topic: Data Population
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:45:57 CDT 2024