Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Oracle Services Not starting
Oracle Services Not starting [message #156612] Thu, 26 January 2006 07:07 Go to next message
seemafarheen
I have installed oracle 8i 8.1.5 on Windows xp prof sp2 , but problem is that oracle services are not stating when i see in windows services status is showing are starting . So I have start serivce by executing below script . Is there any method to start service automatically on windows startup .
The script is

set ORACLE_SID=orcl

rem -- Create SQL Script to START the DB --
echo set echo on > %0.tmp
echo connect sys/oracle as sysdba; >> %0.tmp
echo startup force; >> %0.tmp
echo exit; >> %0.tmp

rem -- Do the Startup --
sqlplus /nolog @%0.tmp

rem -- Cleanup --
rem del %0.tmp

Re: Oracle Services Not starting [message #156655 is a reply to message #156612] Thu, 26 January 2006 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
just create a new service using oradim.exe.
And you may want to playaround with Oracle 10g/XE or atleast 9i.
8.1.5 is old. Really old.
Re: Oracle Services Not starting [message #159111 is a reply to message #156612] Thu, 16 February 2006 04:37 Go to previous message
jayadesh
hi seema,
Do you got the answer.
If not a qus from my side.
whether u tried running the services from the services.msc window. try to start the listener manually. sometimes it may close a popup window and will continue by throwing a msg starting. if the case is like this then from windows press the keys win + r ( i mean in run mode) write the cmd svrmgrl (server manager) then connect it to internal/oracle@<dbname> once connected issue the command startup.
please let me know t reply through my mail. (jayadeshs@inbox.com)
Previous Topic: Any info. on Net9
Next Topic: oracle and CMAN
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 10:24:01 CDT 2024