Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » How to connect to a remote oracle server
How to connect to a remote oracle server [message #159757] Tue, 21 February 2006 05:11 Go to next message
ramsat
How to connect to a remote oracle server ?

Say i have Oracle client connection in my machine and the Oracle server in the machine which is in US, now iam wishing to connect to the oracle serever running in US.

I know the static IP address of the Oracle server machine say 100.200.313.428 which is in US and also the database name and the user name and the password of the oracle server.

I tried to create a tnsnames service (which we normally do to connect to a database), it doesn't works.

Now what is the procedure to connect to the oracle m/c which is in US and me sitting in India

Could some one extend their experince and knowledge for the above.

Ramesh
Re: How to connect to a remote oracle server [message #159760 is a reply to message #159757] Tue, 21 February 2006 05:18 Go to previous message
Maaher
ramsat wrote on Tue, 21 February 2006 12:11

I tried to create a tnsnames service (which we normally do to connect to a database), it doesn't works.
Ramesh, what error did you get? Did you use the correct port number? Can you ping the server?

MHE
Previous Topic: oracle and CMAN
Next Topic: ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error occurred
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 06:27:10 CDT 2024