Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » How to install Oracle SQL Net client component
How to install Oracle SQL Net client component [message #169000] Mon, 24 April 2006 10:08 Go to next message
steve.maunsell
Hi, I'm very new to the world of Oracle so please bear with me. I have taken over a role where a new application is being installed on one of our servers which has Oracle 9i (9.2.0.1.0) server. The application installer company requires Oracle SQN Net client component installed on all PCs where they will install theyr client software.

I cannot find any details anywhere on how to install this, or even where to get the installation files from.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Re: How to install Oracle SQL Net client component [message #169007 is a reply to message #169000] Mon, 24 April 2006 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
steve.maunsell
Sorry, a couple of typos in the main post.....should've read SQL*Net client (instead of SQN!)

Thanks
Re: How to install Oracle SQL Net client component [message #169018 is a reply to message #169007] Mon, 24 April 2006 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
markmal
There should be Oracle9i Client CD.
icon6.gif  Re: How to install Oracle SQL Net client component [message #169819 is a reply to message #169000] Fri, 28 April 2006 19:42 Go to previous message
nmacdannald
You should have access to an installer cd for Oracle Client. A cd comes for just about any client machine you can think of. If you can not find it in your cd pack, download from Oracle.

Be sure when you install that you only install the level of client software necessary. We do not want users doing dba tasks...

Good luck.
Previous Topic: How dblink works?
Next Topic: ORACLE INITIALISATION AND SHOUTDOWN PROCESS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 10:47:08 CDT 2024