Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » A network error has occurred
A network error has occurred [message #172663] Wed, 17 May 2006 09:03 Go to next message
Khaled Ba Abdullah
I've successfully installed Oracle Database Release 2 and Oracle Application Server on a server
running on Windows server 2003 Enterprise but when I try to run my project it gives me an error
FRM-92102: A network error has occured.
the forms client has atempted to reestablishits connection to the server without success.
Please check the network connection and try again later.

Please can any one tell me how to fix this problem
Re: A network error has occurred [message #173487 is a reply to message #172663] Mon, 22 May 2006 12:43 Go to previous message
faiz_hyd
Hello Khaled

well i don't have Application to notice the same message, but was searching the documentation so fount this related to your problem,
9.3.1 SSO Dynamic Resource Creation Fails When 904 BI-Forms Uses 902 Infrastructure on the Same Machine 
(3231685) When you install BI-Forms and Infrastructure on the same computer, URL rewriting doesn't work once Forms has re-directed to DAS. You'll see "FRM-92102: A network error has occurred. The Forms Client has attempted to reestablish its connection to the Server 5 time(s) without success." This only happens if you're running 9.0.4 Forms against a 9.0.2 infrastructure (installed on the same machine) and using Internet Explorer. 

This can affect SSO support in Forms. If a user tries to run Forms with SSO enabled, and connects using an existing Forms configuration, there is no issue. 

However, when a user attempts to run Forms without providing an existing Forms configuration, Forms redirects to DAS to allow the user to dynamically create a resource for this configuration. When this happens, the resource is created properly by DAS but Forms fails to connect after DAS redirects back to the Forms servlet. If the user copies the same URL at that point and runs it in a different browser, there is no issue. This is a one-time issue, and if administrators have correctly created DAS resources, users will never experience this issue. 

Similarly, if you don't have DAS (part of an Infrastructure installation) and BI-Forms installed on the same machine, you won't encounter this issue. 

Regards

Faiz
Previous Topic: ora-12547 tns lost contact err
Next Topic: TNS-12571 error : packet writer failure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 02:23:32 CDT 2024