Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » TNS operation timed out error VIA TOAD
TNS operation timed out error VIA TOAD [message #172930] Thu, 18 May 2006 12:10 Go to next message
richmondlake

Hello all.

Very happy to have found such a forum. Looking forward to seeing a lot of good stuff.

I am using Toad for Oracle version 8.6
I am connecting to a remote Oracle Database
I am not sure which version of Oracle I am hitting.

Issue:
I sometimes can open TOAD and connect to the database.
Other times it says this
"ORA-12535 TNS:operation timed out"

If I continue to close and open TOAD, eventualy it just connects to the database.

NOW:
Once I am in TOAD and can see the tables in scheama browser, sometimes it lets me see the data, other times it hangs up and says the same thing. operation timed out.

After that occurs, I try to cancel the data view in the schema browser. It does not accept my cancel button command. it gives me this error.
"Access Violation at address 00434AFA in module 'TOAD.exe" write address of 0000000D"

From here I have to generaly end task on TOAD to get out.
Any attempt to close Toad, or the page, or the grid results in the same error.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Re: TNS operation timed out error VIA TOAD [message #173232 is a reply to message #172930] Sat, 20 May 2006 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As sometimes you can work and sometimes not, and regarding the fact that you are connecting to a remote Oracle database, could it be that network traffic causes such problems? If it is a (slow) dial-up or ISDN connection, perhaps this might be the issue.
Re: TNS operation timed out error VIA TOAD [message #174078 is a reply to message #173232] Thu, 25 May 2006 16:13 Go to previous message
richmondlake

thx for your idea.

To Test this, I used another PC and the old Toad and old PLSQL.

It attaches without fail and stays connected.

Is there something more advanced about the new PLSQL and the new TOAD which makes this more difficult?

I used 3.3 for PLSQL and Toad 7.4

The Old stuff works. The new stuff bombs out from time to time.
Previous Topic: hello
Next Topic: Connecting to Sql Server DB from Oracle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 02:27:37 CDT 2024