Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Connecting Problems MS Access 2000 - Oracle 10g XE via ODBC
Connecting Problems MS Access 2000 - Oracle 10g XE via ODBC [message #176779] Fri, 09 June 2006 09:44
tmatzke1
Hey folks,

I am frustrated, since I long time I've tried to connect a client to a server success-less. I want to use Oracle tables through Microsoft Access 2000.

The configuration:
Server: PC with Oracle 10.2g Express Edition
Client: I have tried different possibilities. One after another.

1. XE client software, no success, since I found no support for odbc driver or any configuration method for the tns.
2. Stand alone odbc driver "instant_client 10.2". No success.
3. "Normal" Client software for 10.2g. I've chosen custom installation method and selected Oracle sql*net, Windows connection driver (i.a. odbc) and Oracle net for configuration. Everything has been installed and configurated properly. Next steps was to add a local net service. The connection has been built up successfully. BUT, when I was configurating the odbc driver the tns-service wasn't able to be resolved (oracle error ORA-12154). The connection via tnsping is ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The same thing while using sql*net.

So, I have found a solution: copy the oci.dll from the "instant_client 10.2" folder into the "Bin" folder of the Oracle-client software. (Including the folder to the PATH-variable wasn't possible). Afterwards the odbc test connection was successful. But despite a successful connection, it's not possible to use the odbc-driver in Access. So I tryied to copy all new files from "instant client". But it raises the same error: "ODBC-Aufruf fehlgeschlagen. (Fehler 3146)"

Please help me. Since there was a lot of trials with more or less success, I have three different installations of oracle stuff and three separate odbc driver. Unfortunately you can't delete the entries after de-installing the client. Are there any opportunities to delete everything what refers oracle (each registry entry, each file and so on) I think the problem can be influenced be these different versions.

best wishes and nice football championship.

Timo
Previous Topic: Oracle 7 client on a 9 Db??
Next Topic: Connecting Oracle with MS-Access with instant client packages
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 05:15:17 CDT 2024