Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » SQL *NET v2 Listener
SQL *NET v2 Listener [message #1768] Tue, 28 May 2002 10:31 Go to next message
Dave
I am trying to install the 8.1.6 personal edition on my Windows 2000 Box and when I am installing I get the following message

Unable to delete the NT service for the SQL *NET V2 Listener. I cleaned out my registry and tried again. Same thing. There were some legacy keys I could not get rid of though. Not sure about that. Any help is appreciated

dave
Re: SQL *NET v2 Listener [message #1769 is a reply to message #1768] Tue, 28 May 2002 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
You can delete services using Oradim or using the service wizard in the NT resource kit.

Start by opening a DOS command console window. (assume a SID of TEST):

rem Delete the old service
ORADIM -DELETE -SID test -SRVC servicename
Re: SQL *NET v2 Listener [message #1772 is a reply to message #1768] Tue, 28 May 2002 14:09 Go to previous message
David
I do not see the service at all in my services for the Windows2000 and I am logged in as an administrator. Maybe the registry keys for the listener service but I don;t know which keys those are. I cleaned out everything I saw with oracle or ora in it, but there were some keys that started with legacy that I was not able to delete.

Dave
Previous Topic: Re: Connecting to two different databases
Next Topic: Re: How to change date format?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:38:25 CDT 2024