Home » Applications » Other Application Suites » Oracle 10g standard vs Enterprise
Oracle 10g standard vs Enterprise [message #205741] Mon, 27 November 2006 05:11 Go to next message
sojo
Hi,

our company is planning to upgrade the Oracle environment, and I am one among several, that should say yes or no to the Enterprise edition (with a six-figure Euro price tag...)

One of the reasons for Enterprise is the availability of the different Oracle Packs, such as the diagnostics pack. I've only briefly been clicking around TOAD (although connected to a 10g Enterprise) and noticed that most functionality might be found there too.
I'd appreciate if anyone with more experience of the products could tell me a little about the pros and cons af the respective solution. After all, some TOAD-licenses are much cheaper than the Enterprise edition, but what is there to look out for in the long run?

Thanks

[Updated on: Mon, 27 November 2006 05:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Oracle 10g standard vs Enterprise [message #232567 is a reply to message #205741] Sat, 21 April 2007 05:08 Go to previous message
michael_bialik
Google for "oracle features matrix".

HTH.
Michael
Previous Topic: Organisation Hierarchy in OracleApps.(Human Resources)
Next Topic: Procedure_urgent
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:50:08 CDT 2024