Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » SOA Suite, BPEL and OWSM » Creating a Web Service to handle flow between BPEL process and XML Gateway
Creating a Web Service to handle flow between BPEL process and XML Gateway [message #218286] Wed, 07 February 2007 10:53
frankel
I am new to Web Services. I have never created one, yet I have the task of designing the following for a project.

Any help as to what steps I need to take would be very very helpful. There is a lot of information on XML, SOA and WSDL out there that it can get very confusing, and sometimes you just need someone to point the way

What I need to do is create a Custom Send and a Custom Receive Program (both web services) handle the message flow between an Enterprise BPEL processes and a Deployed XML Gateway.

BPEL compresses this XML business object document (for faster transmission), and sends remotely to this Custom Receive web service, which in turn calls a decompress java program and then send the document to the XML gateway inbound web service.

The Custom Send web service does just the opposite. It needs to take the business object document from XML gateway, call the compress java program and then send to the Enterprise BPEL.

In a nutshell...these Custom Send/Receive Web services handle the message flow between the Enterprise BPEL process and the Deployed XML Gateway.

What I need help on...

-Creating this in JDeveloper- where do I get started?
-How does a web service receive a compressed file sent to me via BPEL? Does it just sit there waiting for it?
-Is this a synchronous or asynchronous design?
-Will this be 2 web services (Send and Receive) or do I make 1 with 2 functionalities
-How do I call the java compress/decompress program within the web service? (this java function is already created and ready to be called)
-Is this decompressed business object file an XML schema and an XML message? Or just a message?
-I need to send this to the XML Gateway Web Service to load. How does that work?
-I have a Generic XML Gateway WSDL file...I assume I need to take all the info I get and map it to this template? Is this true? How do I do that?

Like I said, any help would be appreciated. Links or answers to my many questions would be fabulous.

-Jason
Previous Topic: SOA & BPM - Require Guidance....
Next Topic: i have to pass the ouput of this procedure through PL/SQL Table type to the BPEL Process.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:12:29 CDT 2024