Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » TNS:could not resolve service name
TNS:could not resolve service name [message #1951] Wed, 12 June 2002 10:18 Go to next message
Riya
When accessing the asp pages on the server from my computer, it keeps giving me this error: TNS:could not resolve service name

The db is on the server too. How do I go about this? Also how would one add a time into a date format w/o the date? Thank!!!!!
Re: TNS:could not resolve service name [message #1956 is a reply to message #1951] Wed, 12 June 2002 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob
Riya,

You'll want to check a couple of things:
- Does the server support ASP?
- If the Web Server is windows you will also need the Microsoft Data Access components. You can get these from the Microsoft site.
- You also need to configer a system DSN of the web server.
- Do you have the Oracle client intstalled on your computer?
- Is the tnsnames.ora file configured correctly? To test this, check if you can access the database from SQL Plus.
Re: TNS:could not resolve service name [message #1984 is a reply to message #1951] Fri, 14 June 2002 09:21 Go to previous message
Al P.
If you can access your data base, how does one resolve the TNS names in the file. What do you use?
Previous Topic: ORACLE Listener configuration???? Help please
Next Topic: SQLConfigDataSource giving problems with Oracle ODBC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:53:24 CDT 2024