Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Heterogenous Services
Heterogenous Services [message #244017] Mon, 11 June 2007 05:33 Go to next message
LaFilipina
Hi All,

I am trying to setup a heterogenous services on our 8i environment to connect to a sql server environment. I found this document from oracle site:

http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/A87860_01/doc/server.817/a76960/hs_genco.htm#173

The first part of configuration talks about creating initialization file where sample file can be seen in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/hs/admin folder... I am stuck now... I can't see hs folder under $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms... does that mean Heterogenous Services is not installed/enabled in our environment? If so, how can i install/enable this?

Our Oracle 8i sits on an HPUX server.

Thanks in advance for the help.

[Updated on: Mon, 11 June 2007 05:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Heterogenous Services [message #244346 is a reply to message #244017] Tue, 12 June 2007 07:29 Go to previous message
LaFilipina
Hi All,

Sorry for my too naive question. I have already found the said hs folder. Now my next question is this:

From the Oracle document, on the generic connectivity part, 1

they mentioned that the agents required for this is included in the base install of the Oracle 8i. But they also said about "you simple need need and ODBC or OLE DB driver that can interface with the agent. Does this mean we'll need to purchase this driver? If we are going to connect an Oracle db on top of Unix to a SQL Server on a Windows server, do we still need to buy a separate driver? I was thinking that Windows already has these drivers...

I hope my question is not too confusing.

Thanks.
Previous Topic: Error :12154 Could not resolve service name and No listener error
Next Topic: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:30:25 CDT 2024