Home » Server Options » Data Guard » Using Data Broker -- Observation
Using Data Broker -- Observation [message #261476] Wed, 22 August 2007 13:22 Go to next message
mlgoins

I am on 10.2, using Data Broker, and I noticed that it creates its own entries in the LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_n parameters. For example, after a switchover, the "new" Primary Database uses LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_1 to ship redo to the Standby Database, instead of LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_2 as the original Primary was first configured. I'm not sure when the change occurred (maybe when I enabled the database in DG broker the first time).

At any rate, the switchover works. The only LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_n parameters populated in the new Primary are LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_1 (which points to the Standby Database), and LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_10, which specifies "USE_DATABASE_RECOVERY_AREA".

It works,

Mike
Re: Using Data Broker -- Observation [message #261487 is a reply to message #261476] Wed, 22 August 2007 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DreamzZ
Mike i'm not getting you what you are trying to say that

archive destination for primary and standby changed (automatically) after configuring DATABROKER?
Re: Using Data Broker -- Observation [message #261791 is a reply to message #261487] Thu, 23 August 2007 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mlgoins

Here's the log_archive_dest_n parameters BEFORE switchover using Data Broker (db1 primary, db2 physical standby):

primary (db1)

dg_config=(db2)
log_archive_dest_1="/opt/oracle/oradata/DB/archive", valid_for=(ONLINE_LOGFILE,ALL_ROLES)
log_archive_dest_2=service="(description=(address_list=(address=(protocol=tcp)
(host=server2)(port=1521))) (connect_data=(service_name=db2XPT.server2.domain.name)
(instance_name=DB)
(server=dedicated)))", LGWR ASYNC NOAFFIRM delay=0
max_failure=0 max_connections=1
reopen=300
db_unique_name='db2' register set_timeout=180
valid_for=(online_logfile,primary_role)

secondary (db2)

dg_config=(db1)
log_archive_dest_1=location="/opt/oracle/db/10/2/dbs/arch",valid_for=(STANDBY_LOGFILE,STANDBY_ROLE)
log_archive_dest_10=location=USE_DB_RECOVERY_FILE_DEST valid_for(ONLINE_LOGFILE,ALL_ROLES)

AFTER switchover using Data Broker:

standby (db1)

dg_config=(db2)
log_archive_dest_1="/opt/oracle/oradata/DB/archive", valid_for=(ONLINE_LOGFILE,ALL_ROLES)

primary (db2)

dg_config=(db1)
log_archive_dest_1=service="(description=(address_list=(address=(protocol=tcp)
(host=server1)(port=1521))) (connect_data=(service_name=db1XPT.server1.domain.name)
(instance_name=DB)
(server=dedicated)))", LGWR ASYNC NOAFFIRM delay=0
max_failure=0 max_connections=1
reopen=300
db_unique_name='db1' register set_timeout=180
valid_for=(online_logfile,primary_role)
log_archive_dest_10=location=USE_DB_RECOVERY_FILE_DEST valid_for(ONLINE_LOGFILE,ALL_ROLES)

Re: Using Data Broker -- Observation [message #261810 is a reply to message #261791] Thu, 23 August 2007 11:58 Go to previous message
DreamzZ
Thanks Mike for follow up.

Its mean by switch over BY DG borker it reverse the changes,and if we perfrom another switch will it come to the same state as it were before switching.?
Previous Topic: BAcking up primary and physical standby
Next Topic: after MRP is down why scn are being generated??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:07:13 CDT 2024