Home » Other » Client Tools » Toas sys login
Toas sys login [message #264268] Sun, 02 September 2007 10:34 Go to next message
kkonstant
When I tried co connect to Oracle server via TOAD like sys and sysdba I get following error :"ORA-01031 : insufficient privileges" with username system I have no problems.When I connect to Oracle server directly from sqlplus like "sqlplus / as sysdba" I have no problems too.
Somebody knows what the problem is?
Thanks
Re: Toas sys login [message #264271 is a reply to message #264268] Sun, 02 September 2007 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
roopla
You may want to make sure, you have password file created on server so that you can log in as sysdba from clients such as toad etc.

Re: Toas sys login [message #266113 is a reply to message #264271] Sun, 09 September 2007 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mson77
Hello kkonstant,

Quote:
When I connect to Oracle server directly from sqlplus like "sqlplus / as sysdba" I have no problems too.

When you connect to the database on the oracle server... you may just hit <enter> key. No password needed. Even you can supply a wrong password and you will be connected.

Quote:
When I tried co connect to Oracle server via TOAD...

When you connect locally (as above) using TOAD or even SQL Developer... if you supply wrong password you will be aborted. Then I guess that your password may be wrong.

To be sure about your password and sqlplus... try to connect via another computer (thru network) to the oracle database using sqlplus. If your password is correct you will be able to connect onto the oracle database remotely.

Regards,

mson77
Re: Toas sys login [message #266115 is a reply to message #266113] Sun, 09 September 2007 18:06 Go to previous message
kkonstant
I tried.it's OK.
Previous Topic: what is the file that runs SQL Plus (Windows) in your system
Next Topic: Loading data from Excel to the oracle database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:47:46 CDT 2024