Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » WebCenter Suite & Portal » Portal 10G or website
Portal 10G or website [message #271677] Tue, 02 October 2007 08:23
Sajjad_gho
Dear Oracle Developer.

I would appreciate it if you give me some advice as well as share some your technical experience about PORTAL base on Oracle 10g.
We are busy to develop a portal base on Oracle Portal technology; I want to have your advice.
We have 2 types of information, some information for everybody which like website is open for all users and some other is lock, for only part of users which authorize by security application and they have customization of port lets and they have more access to others application.
I want to have technical advice.
Is that better we have website for everybody's information and portal on background for authorize users or shall we have same portal for everybody ( everybody can come to portal with Gust user name and password and if they enter authorize user name after login we give them more access to other applications).
If I want to make short Question, shall we have website and portal on background of website or only portal?
If we make only portal for everything, shall we have more hardware facility for servers or is that the same as website as well as portal?
This portal and website will have thousands of request locally and internationally
Previous Topic: Calling the wwsec_api from application express
Next Topic: Display a bind variable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:23:45 CDT 2024