Home » Other » Client Tools » Oracle Queries
Oracle Queries [message #276079] Tue, 23 October 2007 19:37 Go to next message
discussion_id
Hi,

I have downloaded Oracle 10G version.
I am able to run the basic SQL queries. I have few general questions.

1. How do I get to SQL*PLUS to create reports? Is it part of the express edition or should I download another version?

2. Is there a Oracle exam that can be cleared and added to my resume? If you have any details can you please reply back?
- In the certification can I just take PL/SQL or any other sections or is it for all the sections?
- Any websites for questions to be expected?

Thanks a lot!!!

[Updated on: Tue, 23 October 2007 19:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Oracle Queries [message #276084 is a reply to message #276079] Tue, 23 October 2007 19:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
To run SQL*Plus go to Start > Programs > Oracle Database 10g Express Edition > Run SQL Command Line or start Oracle Express and use SQL*Plus from within there.

David
Re: Oracle Queries [message #276149 is a reply to message #276084] Wed, 24 October 2007 02:19 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
SQL*Plus has limited reporting capabilities. Those reports will work, of course, but you might want to check Reports Builder or Discoverer. Those are GUI tools which will enable you to create ... "better looking" reports, where you can combine several queries, write your own formulas, etc.

However, here it is: SQL*Plus User's Guide and Reference book. Check chapter 6 - Formatting SQL*Plus Reports.

As of your second question, read the OraFAQ Forum Guide. In the "braindumps" section you'll find Oracle Certification links. Also, there is the Homework, Training and Certification forum here - visit it.
Previous Topic: Invalid Pointer Operation
Next Topic: Toad
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:47:36 CDT 2024