Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Reading hidden field from a Stored procedure
Reading hidden field from a Stored procedure [message #277787] Wed, 31 October 2007 09:48 Go to next message
fmarchioni
Hi all !
We have an application made up of 2 frames.
In the main frame we are saving some user's information inside hidden fields.
The right frame is generated using Queries + htp.p() primitive.

I'd like to know if it's possible to retrieve the hidden field's information from inside the stored procedure which lives in the right frame.

In other words the right frame is built depending on hidden fields + Queries.

Any ideas ?
Thanks a lot
Francesco

Re: Reading hidden field from a Stored procedure [message #277895 is a reply to message #277787] Thu, 01 November 2007 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rleishman
I'm no expert, but I very much doubt it. You could do it with Javascript at the client. At the server, don't you only have access to fields within the <FORM> tags? If I'm right, the left frame would be inaccessible - it not only outside the <FORM> tag, it's outside the whole <HTML> tag of the right frame.

If you wanted it accessible at the server, you would have to code a javascript function that fired whenever the form was submitted. It would follow the document.parent back to the frameset and then into the left frame, into the left-frame's form, retrieve the fields into javascript variables and then paste them into hidden right-frame form fields.

Ross Leishman
Re: Reading hidden field from a Stored procedure [message #278279 is a reply to message #277895] Fri, 02 November 2007 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrew again
Ir the left and right hand side are both created from the same application, then you should have control of that "hidden" value from your app. If your RHS frame content comes from a link or button on the LHS, then you can pass the hidden value as part of a POST or GET (hidden value is in the URL). You could also set the hidden value in a cookie and get the RHS to retrieve it when generating the page. A session table can also be used.

In Apex, I think you'd use ITEMS that boil down to a session state table.
Re: Reading hidden field from a Stored procedure [message #278581 is a reply to message #277787] Mon, 05 November 2007 01:45 Go to previous message
fmarchioni
Thanks for your kind reply!
I'll see which of those options is more viable in our project.....thanks again!
Previous Topic: Installation of Oracle HTTP Server on Solaris 10
Next Topic: Sorcing Rule loader
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:35:01 CDT 2024