Home » RDBMS Server » Security » using DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT over a PGP-encrypted file
using DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT over a PGP-encrypted file [message #289122] Wed, 19 December 2007 15:34 Go to next message
ora_balan
Hi
Am working on an Oracle9i Database Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.6.0 running on a Windows 2003 server.

I'm in the middle of an integration which involved web Methods v6.5 running on Sun OS v5.8

The requirement is to transport confidential data onto the database host and load it into a database table.

I was about to use an external table arrangement to load the data before running into a roadblock.

The data requires encryption while transporting or exchanging.
from my web Methods environment, I do have the ability to generate a PGP-encrypted file from the source file.

Can I use DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT to decrypt an entire PGP-encrypted file?

Anybody encountered this kind of situation before?

Any info / help will be helpful.

Regards,
Piyush Balan
Re: using DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT over a PGP-encrypted file [message #289123 is a reply to message #289122] Wed, 19 December 2007 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:

Can I use DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT to decrypt an entire PGP-encrypted file?

No.

Quote:

The data requires encryption while transporting or exchanging.

Why not use ssh or the like.

Regards
Michel
Re: using DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT over a PGP-encrypted file [message #289124 is a reply to message #289123] Wed, 19 December 2007 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ora_balan
Am using SSH to obtain the file from it's original source and transporting it onto the Database host.

The file on the SSH sever is in plain text and once obtained needs to be put on the Database host for me to do an INSERT..INTO..SELECT ON EXTERNAL TABLE.

Are you suggesting putting an SSH server on the database host?
Re: using DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT over a PGP-encrypted file [message #289188 is a reply to message #289124] Thu, 20 December 2007 00:55 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:

Are you suggesting putting an SSH server on the database host?

I was just answering the question "The data requires encryption while transporting or exchanging".
You already did it, good.

Now what it is the problem?
Do you also want the file to encrypted ON both servers?

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Thu, 20 December 2007 00:56]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: ORA-00904: invalid identifier on table audited with dbms_fga policy
Next Topic: Problems with database vault
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:23:55 CDT 2024