Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » OWB Upgrade 10.1.0.4 to 10.2 (RHEL 4 (Update 6) x86_64)
OWB Upgrade 10.1.0.4 to 10.2 [message #293699] Mon, 14 January 2008 10:58 Go to next message
ndanger
I'm attempting to perform an OWB upgrade from version 10.1.0.4 to 10.2 (on RHEL 4 in an Oracle 10.2.0.3 DB) which, according to Oracle documentation, is a straight upgrade path. My question is this:

Given the architecture changes from 10gR1 to 10gR2 it looks like the installation guide is directing a new installation of the OWB software (rather than an "upgrade" of existing software) so am I correct to assume that the OUI should install the 10.2.0.1 software into a new ORACLE_HOME?

Any help or advice on this upgrade would be greatly appreciated. For the record I have read (and have in front of me) the OWB Installation guide outlining the "upgrade procedure."

Thanks in advance.
Re: OWB Upgrade 10.1.0.4 to 10.2 [message #293714 is a reply to message #293699] Mon, 14 January 2008 13:48 Go to previous message
ndanger
Also, assuming I went ahead correctly (I installed to a new Oracle Home), if I'm planning on "upgrading" (migrating actually, as it seems the case may be) the Design and Runtime repositories from the previous version of OWB, should these users be selected in Step 8 of the Repository Assistant where it is asking me to "Select one or more existing database users that will serve as Warehouse Builder repository users"?

Is that correct or should I instead create entirely new users for both the Design and Runtime repository and follow the migration instructions to migrate the current data from the current users to the newly created ones?

Please let me know if there is anything about my request that is unclear. I am relatively new to Oracle Warehouse Builder and would like to ensure I perform the proper steps involved with this upgrade. Thank you.
Previous Topic: Mappings
Next Topic: OWB PLSQL question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:19:02 CDT 2024